This 3 hour walking tour covers the main highlights of the Vatican such as the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St.Peters Basilica. Also includes skip-the-line tickets.
- Sistine Chapel
- Vatican Museums
- St. Peters Basilica
The Vatican behind-the-scenes - 2 hours
- St. Peter's Basilica and Square
- Behind-the-scenes mosaic workshop
Please contact me to assist you booking your tickets online to avoid the queue and setting up a guide for you for a private Standard Vatican Tour including 3 hours of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica.
Ancient Rome - 3 hours
- Circus Maximus chariot race track
- Overview of Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- San Clemente church and underground archaeological area
- Ludus Magnus gladiator training barracks
The Birth of Rome - 3 hours
- Circus Maximus racetrack and Palatine Hill
- Santa Maria in Cosmedin medieval church and the "Mouth of Truth"
- Forum Boarium and Holitorium ancient commercial market center and ancient temples
- Tiber Island and Rome's oldest bridges
- San Nicolo in Carcere medieval church with underground ancient ruins
- Area of the Jewish Ghetto with the Augustus Portico and Marcellus Theater
City of Rome Highlights - 2 or 3 hours
- Piazza Navona
- Piazza del Popolo and Caravaggio paintings inside church of Santa Maria del Popolo
- Mausoleum of Augustus and Augustan Altar of Peace
- Largo Argentina archaeological site (where Caesar was stabbed)
Appian Way Tour - 4 hours
- Christian Catacomb of San Callisto
- Ancient Aurelian Walls and museum of the walls at St. Sebastian gate
- Scipioni tombs crypt and Imperial buildings
- Fosse Ardeatine WWII memorial site
- Quo Vadis church on Appian Way where Peter encountered an apparition of Christ
- Ancient Roman aqueduct
Just beyond the best preserved section of the Ancient city walls is the bucolic landscape of the Appian Way, the earliest of the Roman road networks built in 300 B.C. Along the historic route you will visit several significant burial grounds including the mysterious labyrinth of the underground Christian catacombs, solemn WWII memorial, and the Sciopini tombs housed in a crypt of one of the most important families from Ancient Rome. The Scipioni site now lies underneath a stratification of ancient and modern buildings and has just recently been re-discovered and opened to the public. This tour escapes the bustle of Rome and allows you to walk underneath the arch of a Roman aqueduct and on top of the city's defensive walls attached to the most important city gate, imagining what it would have been like to guard the capital of the Empire and now enjoy Rome's landscapes and city-scape. This tour requires a driver.
Family-style Italian dinner and cooking demonstration
- 4 course dinner at an affluent Roman family's home
- Cooking demonstration
Learn to cook and eat the Roman way in the elegant home of a local Roman family. Rather than search the streets for an authentic restaurant, a family in a wealthy Roman suburb will not only feed you but also provide a demonstration about the culture of Italy's culinary traditions and varieties from region to regions. Discover safeguarded cooking confidentials and simple recipes.
The Mysterious Etruscans - 2 hours
- National Museum of pre-Roman civilization inside a grand Renaissance palace
The Borghese Gallery - 2.5 hours
- Museum of Ancient, Renaissance and Baroque art inside grand landscape park of Villa Borghese
Etruscan Day Trip - 5 hours
- Medieval city of Cerveteri and Bandidaccia necropolis
Wine Excursion - Tuscany - 7 hours
- Drive through Tuscan landscape
- Wine tour and tasting in a vineyard
- Cultural visits in Medieval cities in Tuscany
Rome Scavenger Hunt- "Safari d'Arte - 2.5 hours
This tour is designed for elementary school aged kids as an interactive scavenger hunt throughout the city. There are several different itineraries covered in a series of books called "Safari d'Arte." Kids will have their own copy of the book (in English) that will serve as a tool to discovering and remembering the city's legends. With the book they can take notes and read clues while on the trail, and have the book to take home with them as a history reference and token from their adventure.
Tivoli Day Trip - 4.5 hours
- Hadrian's Villa archeaological site
- Renaissance Villa and Gardens of Cardinal D'Este
*Please also consider transportation with these tours as well as airport transports, both of which can be arranged with professional drivers.
*Also consider any customized tour you can imagine focusing on the specifics of Ancient, Renaissance, and Baroque Rome.